Library Covid Update 5/25/21
Massachusetts is reopening and we are excited to welcome everyone back to Forbush!
At its May meeting, the Forbush Memorial Library Board of Trustees authorized changes to the current state of operations at the library due to Covid restrictions.
- The Library will reopen fully without the need for an appointment during current hours beginning 5/25/21. As we ease back into this opening status, a suggested browse time of up to 40 minutes is encouraged to allow for a good traffic flow.
- Open Hours of Operation at Forbush will be Tuesday and Wednesday 10-8, Thursday and Friday 10-5, Saturday 9-1
- You may once again enter and exit through the front or rear doors of the library.
- Library materials will no longer be held in quarantine when returned to the library or received through Inter-Library Loan.
- Groups may make reservations to hold meetings in the Eloranta Room.
- Library Passes for museums & attractions are once again available for circulation.
- Book donations are now accepted. Call the library to arrange drop off.
- For current information, we are online at forbushlibrary.org
- Our new Curbside Pickup and Books on Wheels Home Delivery options will continue.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks if not vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use upon entering.
- Please do not visit the library if you are feeling sick. Be respectful of others.
- Air filters have been upgraded to the highest standard available for our building’s units. Our building is cleaned daily with high touch surfaces cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Please be considerate of other patrons and staff as we navigate this new opening status. We are excited to begin a return to normal and look forward to your visiting the library regularly.
We have had great success with our Curbside Pickup and Books on Wheels Delivery options. Please note that both services will continue to operate as they have been throughout this pandemic.
We appreciate your continued patience, grace, and flexibility during these uncertain times. All library staff continue to serve as a resource for your library needs, so DO NOT HESITATE to ask for their help.
Save the Date for the Forbush Book Sale on Saturday, June 19, 9-1, on the same day as the Town-Wide Yard Sale sponsored by the Historical Society.
Our children’s Summer Reading program begins on July 1st. Details to follow on the library website. Tales and Tails is sure to be an engaging theme with lots of exciting program options and many great books to read!
Once again, welcome back!!!
If you have any questions about the 5/25 update, please contact Library Director Nick Langhart at 978-874-7416 or any member of the Board of Trustees for clarification or further details.
Kimberly Samson, Board of Trustees Chair 978-874-6154
and Trustees Margherita Altobelli, Cynthia Brown, Tiffany Davis, Kristen Gregory, Martha Rainville