Please see below for the latest Covid update and mask advisory from Governor Charlie Baker.
Mask Advisory for Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Residents (https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-mask-requirements)
COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine boosters are highly effective at protecting against serious illness, hospitalization and death and every individual who is eligible and works, studies or resides in Massachusetts is strongly urged to get vaccinated and boosted. The Department of Public Health urges all eligible residents to get vaccinated against COVID-19 because vaccination provides the most effective protection from severe illness associated with COVID-19.
In response to the spread of the Delta variant and the emerging Omicron variant, the Department of Public Health now advises that all residents, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home). The DPH particularly urges this recommendation if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated.
**The full press release can be downloaded at the bottom of this post.**
Please click here to view Governor Baker's press conference regarding this advisory.
Looking for a Vaccine?
- The Westminster Pharmacy is offering vaccine and/or booster appointments available in person or by phone at (978) 874-5812.
- Vaccine and/or booster appointments can be made in person, by phone or online at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and many other locations.
- Click this link to find a vaccination location near you - https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
Need a test?
- Appointments for Covid testing (rapid and PCR) are available by in many locations, including but not limited to Heywood Hospital and pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens.
- Click this link for a testing location near you - https://www.mass.gov/info-details/find-a-covid-19-test