The Town of Westminster is working to stay current on the COVID-19 situation and to take any measures within our ability to protect residents, employees, and visitors. We understand how impactful this has been and want to assure you that minimizing the spread of the illness is our top priority.
To that end, the Town has put the following measures in place:
- Effective March 16, 2020, Town departments will be suspending all non-essential services to the public until further notice. The services that are deemed to be essential will vary by department and evaluated in an ongoing basis but public safety, public health, and public works will not be impacted.
- The Town will be evaluating the status of department operations on a daily basis and may change what is operating on a day to day or weekly basis.
- Staff will be working and the public is encouraged to utilize the town website (www.Westminster-ma.gov) to email or phone the desired departments. Special requests will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Effective immediately, the Council on Aging, and the Forbush Memorial Library, are closed to the public until further notice. The van drivers and meals on wheels programs will still operate.
- All scheduled events, programs, and building rentals within municipal buildings are cancelled indefinitely.
- COA staff are able to discuss a variety of topics including social service needs, assistance in gathering supplies, potential grocery delivery desires and any other personal or family needs one may have.
- In order to help prevent the spread of any illness to the public or our employees, Town employees who are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms of illness (including respiratory illness or fever), or have a family member who is ill, are directed to stay home. We will also be following the guidance of the Massachusetts Department of Health regarding the removal of any employees from the workplace and having them self-quarantine should they become exposed to the virus.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, we are asking that anyone who is experiencing a fever or respiratory illness or those that have recently returned from CDC Level 3 or Level 2 countries postpone their activities for the appropriate amount of time as determined in coordination with the Health Department and your physician. Adherence to this guidance will help minimize the potential spread of the virus while protecting our employees and community.
- We encourage you to utilize our online payment systems at www.Westminster-ma.gov and to call rather than visit for information.
- Please also continue to monitor www.Mass.gov/covid19 for more information.