- Change of Address Notification - Use this form to notify the Firearms Record Bureau that your address has changed.
- FID or LTC Application - Residents should use this form to apply for a new or to renew an LTC or FID. (Please Read Below)
- Massachusetts-only criminal offender record information - Use this link if you need to check you criminal history in Massachusetts.
- Firearms License Review Board Petition - Individuals otherwise disqualified from processing an FID or LTC because of certain misdemeanor conviction(s) may petition the FLRB for review.
- Firearm Registration Laws
- Pay your FID or LTC fee online (CLICK HERE)
- Sex Offenders Registry Board
- Request for Sex Offender Information
- Number of Sex Offenders Living In Your Community
FIREARM LICENSE APPLICATION GUIDANCE
As the Town of Westminster firearms licensing authority it is my desire to process your license application as thoroughly and timely as possible and you can help. Missing and/or inaccurate information will delay the process and may result in the application being denied.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION BELOW AS IT ADVISES YOU OF THE STATE AND/OR FEDERAL LAW. IT IS NOT WITHIN OUR DISCRETION TO CHANGE OR DISREGARD THEM.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS DENIED, it is usually due to one of the following reasons:
- Disqualifying criminal record;
- False answer to any question on the application;
- False answer to any question asked by the licensing officer or his/her designee; and/or
- Criminal information omitted from (or not attached to) the application as required.
All previous in-state and out-of-state criminal appearances are considered in order to determine the "suitability" of all firearm license applicants. This check will include “sealed records.”
The application asks specific questions regarding your personal background, past criminal history, etc. You must answer all questions fully and truthfully. Failure to do so will result in your application being denied. You do not have to list any non-criminal traffic offenses.
Question #4 on the application asks, "Have you ever appeared* in any court as a defendant for any criminal offense? The key word here is "appeared," not necessarily arrested. Having been arrested and convicted of a crime does not necessarily prohibit someone from getting a license to carry firearms or an FID card, not listing it will.
*Please note; "ever appeared" includes all, regardless of where, adult and juvenile court appearances. It does not matter if you were found "not guilty," "not delinquent," the charges were "dismissed," or the case was "continued without a finding," etc. You must account for all appearances. All court appearances will be discovered during our application process. You must indicate if you have a "sealed record” and the offense. When we discover missing or inaccurate information for Question #4, we often hear "I forgot about it," or "they told me it wouldn't show up," or "it never showed up before," or "it was so long ago, I didn't think it mattered," etc. Appearing in a court of law is a memorable event in someone’s life and all must be listed on your application.
If necessary, you may contact the Massachusetts Criminal History Systems Board to learn how to obtain your Massachusetts criminal record check (iCORI), before you submit your application.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. Incomplete or inaccurate responses to license application questions are the cause for the majority of delays and/or denials.
Chief Ralph LeBlanc
|Westminster Firearms Application||284.28 KB|
|Full-time Police Officer Job Posting May 2021||509.42 KB|
|Westminster Police Department Full-time Officer Job Description||84.94 KB|