Businesses play an important role in preventing stormwater pollution. Day to day operations of commercial and industrial facilities, automotive service and gas stations, and restaurants can have large impacts on the amount of pollution entering the storm drain system when it rains.
Best Management Practices (BMPs) for the Town of Westminster Business Sector
Every business in Westminster should take appropriate actions to prevent stormwater pollution, such as training their employees on proper handling and disposal of chemicals and keeping parking areas and storm drains clean. In order to maintain an informed business sector, the following fact sheets were created identifying non-structural BMPs for businesses within Westminster that have the highest likelihood of contributing to stormwater pollution.
- Pollution Prevention for Developers
- Cleaning & Maintaining Outdoor Areas
- Pollution Prevention for Construction Sites, Home Repair and General Contractors
- Automotive Repair Shops
- Automotive Body Repair and Vehicle Washing Industries
- Nurseries & Landscape Industries
- Retail & Food Services Industries
- Residential & Office Cleaning Industries
EPA Fact Sheets
As an additional source of information, the following links provide access to fact sheets and outreach materials developed by the EPA that may be useful in helping businesses reduce their potential of contributing to stormwater pollution.
The following two links are provided by the EPA specifically for owner/operator(s) of auto recycling facilities.