Radio Frequencies: 453.52500 PL127.3 Emergency Management / General Town Government
The Emergency Management Department is responsible for:
- Maintaining the Town’s Emergency Response Plan, emergency response agreements, department budget, and volunteer resources.
- Working with State and Town boards, officials, and departments, as well as local groups and businesses to provide guidance and planning for emergency planning projects, significant events and emergencies, as well as assistance with site specific Emergency Response Plans.
- Acting as a conduit for notification of current or pending emergencies by tracking events and disseminating information, including the maintenance and use of Reverse 911 notifications.
- Mitigating disaster emergencies working with Town departments, State agencies, public utilities, and volunteer organizations.
- Documenting post disaster public costs and submitting reports for possible reimbursement.