Animal Control Links

The Animal Control Officer can be contacted through the police department at (978)874-2900. All residents that have dogs must register them with the town clerk and show proof of a rabies vaccination. If an owner is identified as not registering their dog they could be fined and/or prosecuted.
Click here for Informational pamphlets for common animal health problems. This is what you should know about spaying and neutering.
Microchipping a pet can help you reunite with them in the event that they are lost or runaway. This one time fee procedure will ensure that your pet can be identified to it's owner in the event they go missing. For more information click here. is an animal adoption website for local animal shelters. If you're looking to give a pet a good home check there first. Adoption fees apply to some shelters.