How to Pay Your Bill

The Treasurer/Collector is responsible for collection of Real Estate and Personal Property Tax, Motor Vehicle Excise Tax, and Water/Sewer charges.

You can send your payments to us through a number of means:

  • U. S. Postal Service
  • In person at the Treasurer/Collectors office, 11 South Street, Westminster
  • Online payment system
  • Through your own banks electronic payment system
  • Drop-box on front door of Town Hall (non-cash payments only)

Partial payments are accepted.

Real Estate and Personal Property Bills

Please return the top portion of your bill with your remittance. If you wish to have a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope and the top and bottom thirds of the bill. If your taxes are escrowed and you must provide a tax bill to your mortgage company, please forward to them the top and bottom thirds of the bill.

You should retain the center portion of your bill as it contains your assessment and other important information.

If you use an automated bill paying system, please be sure to include enough information for us to apply your payment properly. We need the type of payment, the fiscal year and the bill number. For example, when paying a real estate bill for fiscal year 2012, include 2012 RE #1234 in the memo field of your payment.

Excise Tax Bills that have been marked at the Registry of Motor Vehicles

If your Excise Tax bill has been marked at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, you may NOT make payment online. You MUST make payment either in cash, money order, or bank check directly to the Office of the Deputy Collector (Kelley & Ryan) in Milford.

Please call the Treasurer/Collector's office at (978) 874-7403 if you have questions about how to pay your Excise Tax bill.