Working with the Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP), the Town has selected Commonwealth Community Developers (CCD) to design, construct and manage 50 affordable senior apartments behind the Senior Center at 68 West Main Street.
Below is an approximate timeline of how this project will unfold:
- December 2019: At the end of the calendar year, CCD will apply to the State for the funds necessary to construct this project. The State funding round opens in December of every year. However, projects are very rarely chosen during their first year of eligibility.
- December 2020: CCD will again apply to the State for construction funds. It is quite likely this project will be chosen for funding during its second year of eligibility.
- January through June 2020: The State will work with the Town and CCD to finalize the grant award.
- Summer 2020: CCD will break ground and begin construction.
- Summer 2021: CCD will complete construction.
- Fall of 2021: The project will open and the renting of units will begin.
The Town needs to wait for the grant award to be finalized (summer of 2021) before it can begin taking names of citizens interested in renting these units.
In order to qualify as being "affordable", the units can only be rented to those households that meet the income limit restrictions as defined by the State.
Number of Senior Apartments
47 units for people 55 and over, 3 units for persons w/disabilities
5 units at 30% of the area median income, 3 units at 50% of the area median income, and 42 units at 60% of the area median income
2 studio units, 40 1-bedroom units, and 8 2-bedroom units
balconies or patios, 25 underground parking, community commons area, walking trails, large storage in units, community garden/commons roof terrace
Income & Rent Limits*
1 Person Household
2 Person Household
3 Person Household
4 Person Household
30% area median income
50% area median income
60% area median income
80% area median income
* Note that the income and rent limits are re-calculated by the State on an annual basis.
Please contact Town Planner Stephen Wallace if you have any questions.
Phone: 978-874-7414 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org